CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 28, 2008

emPathetic

The two weeks of Empathy module is almost over; only two days left and it's currently interrupted by a string of holidays: Christmas and Hijriah New Year. Those two days consists of Patch Adams movie discussion, some more role play *yay!*, and the final exam. After that, I have several days off till the next Monday when the First Aid module starts.

Right now, I'm working on a fieldwork report covering my group's interview with the morgue's staff. And yes, we visited the morgue and saw its temporary dwellers. Certainly a unique experience which got the other groups so jealous. The visit was extremely interesting, although I won't write about it here since it's so hard to put the experience into words.

Tomorrow is the Patch Adams discussion. The schedule only said "discussion" without mentioning whether we get to watch it together  in the class or we have to watch it before class. Whatever the case, I don't have the movie with me and I don't have the slightest goodwill to watch it. Perhaps we should change the discussion to Grey's Anatomy or House. Now, that would make a bang of a discussion!

The role play? I had enough of it the last time we had another role play session. It was more like an acting class for brats. I had to give up my everyday candidness for an sickening dose of niceness. I realize that it is essential for doctors to be nice and understanding to the patients, but this stuff simply didn't work. Well, I can only wait to see what tomorrow holds.

0 comments: