CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Hi There!

OK, I'm sitting exactly in front of my laptop-as all normal people do-with a resolute mind. To blog. To have a record of my life. Hey, what kind of "life", out of 6 billion or so in this planet, are we talking about here?

Currently, I'm at the very beginning of medical school, the first out of six long years before getting those oh-so-wonderful two letters in front of my name: "dr." -and then another few long years to get "Sp.Whatever" behind it. Whoa! That long? Affirmative.

To adopt a line from Obama, "I know the battle ahead will be long." Blurgh. Why did he have to say "battle" and "long"?

Which medical school? I'll tell you something: I'm an Indonesian, I live in Jakarta. This certain Faculty of Medicine I'm in is somewhat historical, not only in a local scope but also national. Moreover, the language of instruction is Bahasa Indonesia, not English, let alone Latin. That's all I'm saying now.

Why blog about it? Errm...I have tons of reasons why I blog about my journey ahead. Lots of them are the same old, same old so no need to waste our time on them. I do have another reason that might interest you. I want this blog to be some kind of an investment for my future. My maternal grandparents, yup both of them, are pediatricians and they love (and I mean luuurve) to share their amazing, sometimes hilarious stories while studying to become doctors. (By the way, their med school has become my school too; same alma mater.) I'd love to have an inventory of stories like that, so why not take advantage of this neat stuff called blogging?

At the end of this unexpectedly long introduction, I genuinely want to say WELCOME, enjoy your visit. However, considering that medical students are supposed to be busy as bees, most of my posts will be quit short. See you soon!

0 comments: